Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Original "Haunted Hayride at Saunders Farm- 1974



The Original "Haunted Hayride" at Saunders Farm


We have lots of reasons to give THANKS this Thanksgiving. FAMILY is a big one of those reasons. With my sister and two brothers and myself always having kids over to our farm it was always busy and lively.

As I was rooting through old family photo albums with my mom, Anne, a few weeks ago we discovered this gem from 1974. I like to call it "the first haunted hayride". My father Bill is driving our Massey Ferguson tractor and the four Saunders kids and some friends are on the wagon.

My dad loved to tease us, as he loves to tease his 8 grandkids now, and I think he is about to pop the clutch and try and shake us off...
If my memory- triggered by this photo- is correct - it wasn't too long before one of us was quite scared and wanted to get off!

Now our real haunted hayride attracts thousands of kids and adults throughout our Haunting Season www.saundersfarm.com. It has become a family tradition for families across the Ottawa Region. Come and see what all the screaming is about!

Happy Thanksgiving!


Mark



1 comment:

  1. Hey Mark,
    Thanks for the "haunting" memory. Great photo. Saunders Farm has had such a great influence on so many kids. May it continue to build community and happy memories for all.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete